When you are allotted with the UAN Number, it is really important to activate the UAN so that you are able to login to the UAN Account to avail various services. If you know your UAN and if you are trying to activate the UAN then follow the process mentioned below
Process to Activate UAN
- Members Portal – You can start the process by going to the employee portal of EPFO. The link for the Employee Portal is https://epfindia.gov.in/site_en/For_Employees.php?id=sm2_index
- Online Services – On the portal, scroll down and you will notice a section for services. From the section, click on Member UAN/Online Services (OCS/OTCP).
- Activation Wizard – You will now be redirected to a new page. On this page, you will find the link for Activating the UAN. If you are not able to find the link then you can click here to directly access the portal.
- Entering Details – After clicking on the link to Activate UAN, you will be taken to a new page. You can then start the activation process by entering your UAN Number, Member ID, Aadhaar Number or PAN.
- Requesting OTP – In the next section, enter your Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, Email ID and Captcha Code. Click on Get Authorization Pin after entering the details. You will now receive an OTP on the mobile number.
- Validating OTP – Validate the OTP by entering the OTP in the designated area and you now receive a text on your mobile.
With this, your UAN will be activated and you will receive a login password via SMS. You can login to the UAN Account with the password and you can then change the password after the first login.